Powerful and necessary, a state-of-the-nation portrait of America under Obama from the prize-winning, bestselling author of Between the World and MeFrom 2008-2016, the leader of the free world was a black man. Obama’s presidency reshaped America and transformed the international conversation around politics, race, equality.
But it attracted criticism and bred discontent as much as it inspired hope – so much so, that the world now faces an uncertain future under a very different kind of US President.In this essential new book, Ta-Nehisi Coates takes stock of the Obama era, speaking authoritatively from political, ideological and cultural perspectives, drawing a nuanced and penetrating portrait of America today.
‘I’ve been wondering who might fill the intellectual void that plagued me after James Baldwin died. Clearly it is Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Toni Morrison
- Format: Hardback 384 pages
- Publisher:Penguin Books Ltd
- Imprint:Hamish Hamilton Ltd
- Published:5 Oct 2017
- Classifications: USA, 21st Century, History of the Americas, 21st Century History: from c 2000 -, Politics & Government
- Pub. Country:United Kingdom